THIS WE BELIEVE...
As a Christian constituency of New Testament believers, we subscribe to the following of the things which are most surely believed among us (Luke 1:1) praying that there be no harmful or divisive difference of belief to the church, and that we may be all of the same mind and same judgment, speaking the same things (I Corinthians 1:10; Acts 2:42) in love, with one voice glorifying God, to the edification of His people, and to give Christian witness to the world.
- We believe - that the scripture, both Old and New Testaments, is the inspired Word of God.
- We believe - that God is a triune being manifested in three persons-the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe - that man was created in the image of God, but that through Adam's transgression and fall, sin came into the world.
- We believe - that salvation is made possible through the meritorious work of Jesus Christ, through His death and resurrection. We further believe that salvation is by grace through faith and that it is a gift of God.
- We believe - that the Church is the Body of Jesus Christ and is made up of all born again believers.
- We believe - that God specifically calls and equips men and women to serve in ministry. Under no circumstances should anyone be set apart to ministry unless the calling is distinct, evident and confirmed by the Presbyter. We further believe that I Corinthians 12:28 establishes a distinctive order in the New Testament Church.
- We believe - the water baptism is by immersion and is a direct commandment of the Lord for all believers.
- We believe - that the Baptism in the Holy Spirit is a gift from God and is available to all believers. The Baptism in the Holy Spirit is separate from and subsequent to the indwelling of the Holy Spirit at the new birth. It is the overflowing of the Holy Spirit in the life of the believer with the initial evidence of speaking in other tongues.
- We believe - that sanctification is a definite, yet progressive work that begins with the new birth and is consummate at the revelation of Jesus Christ.
- We believe - the ordinance of the Lord's Supper is a commandment of our Savior, and being a memorial to His death and resurrection is strictly limited to Christian believers.
- We believe - divine healing and divine health are a part of the redemptive plan of Jesus and can be appropriated by faith.
- We believe - in the resurrection of the just and the return of Christ.
- We believe - in a visible return of Christ and a literal catching away of the church to met the Lord in the air.
- We believe - that one who dies without Christ is hopelessly and eternally lost, destined to a literal hell with no further opportunity of repentance.
- We believe - in tithing, recognizing that tithing existed before the Law, during the Law and after the Law. Jesus commanded the tithe and the writer of Hebrew establishes the tithe as New Testament practice. Tithing is representative of our personal commitment to the Lord and an expression of our covenant relationship with Him.